Salary: £20,000 – £23,000 pro rata dependent on experience
This is a part time (3 days per week), fixed-term contract role based working at JAN Trust’s head office in North London. FTC until 31st March 2019.
Purpose of the Role:
You will be responsible for the coordination and organisation of JAN Trust’s projects, services and activities.
This is a broad role and would suit an all-rounder.
- High-level support on various projects including things like overseeing design and production of materials, updating websites etc.
- Assisting the Director and Head of Operations
- Monitoring parliamentary activity
- Advertising opportunities to work with a variety of stakeholders including schools
- To develop and manage effective relationships with external agencies
- To provide talks/presentations and lead discussions on issues such as extremism and forced marriages
- Developing and delivering presentations to a range of audiences
- Managing social media and increasing our online presence through blogs, online articles etc (writing and uploading these)
- Liaising face to face with users and assisting them with any issues they may have
- Keep up to date with developments and legislation around the key issues such as forced marriages, violence against women, hate crime, Islamophobia, extremism etc
- Researching sensitive issues such as forced marriages, domestic violence, extremism. Assisting with projects/services on these issues.
- Organising and attending events including liaising with the community, users, politicians, governmental representatives and local authorities
- Assist in fundraising as well as with applications
- Marketing and promoting the organisation both online and at face to face meetings
- Getting involved with press and releases
- Writing articles
- Travel in the UK (paid for) and must be comfortable with this
- Supervise and capacity build volunteers and interns
- Updating websites
- Flexibility to work late or extra days in the week if required
This is a role for someone who feels and cares for marginalised women in the UK and who is looking to develop their future in the not-for-profit sector. This is a challenging role and is best suited to someone willing to take on a challenge and the role.
Covering letter must include:
- Why do you want to work for JAN Trust
- What you can bring to JAN Trust
- Issues facing BAME women today and what can be done to combat these issue
Closing date: 1st June 2018.
Applications to be considered on a rolling basis and hence we will not wait until the closing date to fill the position.
A job description and person specification can be requested by emailing email@example.com, quoting the reference: PO-Web-April2018