Links and useful numbers:
JAN Trust is an award winning charity. It is an independent emotional support for women suffering forced marriages.
- Website: www.jantrust.org
- Telephone: 020 8889 9433
Against Forced Marriages help victims who are in fear of getting into a forced marriage or are already in one.
- Website: www.againstforcedmarriages.org
- Helpline: 0800 141 2994
- Calls will be received on Monday’s and Thursday’s, between 10.30am – 4.30pm. On all other days an answering machine will be in service and ALL callers who leave a message will be contacted if requested.
AGE UK Haringey help older people to come together to overcome the barriers that get in the way of them making the most out of life.
- Website: www.ageuk.org.uk/haringey
- Telephone: 020 8801 2444
Barnardos helps vulnerable children throughout the UK.
- Website: http://www.barnardos.org.uk
- Telephone: 0208 550 8822
FCO Forced Marriage Unit is a joint-initiative with the Home Office to help victims of forced marriages.
- Website: www.fco.gov.uk/en/travel-and-living-abroad/when-things-go-wrong/forced-marriage
- Helpline: 020 7008 0151
- Operates Monday – Friday 9am-5.30pm. For out of office hours in an emergency call 0207 008 150
Haringey Citizens Advice Bureau provides a generalist advice service to the residents and workers of Haringey.
- Website: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/local/haringey/
- Telephone: 0844 826 9715
Haringey Council Customer Services
- Telephone: 020 8489 1000
- Operates between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday
Haringey Job Centre Plus provides assistance with employment and training opportunities.
- Website: http://www.haringey.gov.uk/jobs-and-training/help-getting-job/job-search-support
- Telephone: 0345 604 3719
Haringey Mencap Advocacy Service work together with people with learning disabilities to ensure that they are listened to and their choices are respected.
- Telephone: 020 8365 0251
Muslim Community Helpline is an independent emotional support service for Muslims provided by counsellors.
- Website: http://muslimcommunityhelpline.org.uk
- Telephone: 020 8904 8193 / 020 8908 6715
NSPCC is a national organisation whose vision is to end cruelty to children in the UK.
- Website: www.nspcc.org.uk
- NSPCC Helpline service: 0808 800 5000,or text88858.
- Childline Helpline: 0800 1111
- Operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days per year.
Refuge is a national organisation catering for victims of domestic violence.
- Website: http://www.refuge.org.uk/
- Telephone: 0808 2000 247
Shelter is a housing and homeless charity.
- Website: http://www.shelter.org.uk
- Telephone: 0808 800 4444
Victim Support provides free and confidential help to victims of crime, witnesses, their family, friends and anyone else affected across England and Wales.
- Website: www.victimsupport.com
- Helpline: 0845 30 30 900
- Operates 9am – 9pm Mondays to Fridays, 9am – 7pm weekends, 9am – 5pm bank holidays