We are looking to appoint an experienced and ambitious Fundraising Manager. The successful candidate will have a results driven and innovative approach to fundraising and service development.
- To secure unrestricted and restricted funding for Core and Service activity.
- To identify service development opportunities
- To develop internal and external communications
- be expected to have a track record of setting and achieving fundraising income targets – see attached job description.
- have the ability to write compelling bids/business cases and reports
- understand statutory and trust fundraising
- already be working in a senior fundraising role
- adhere to confidentiality at all times
- be values-driven, target focused and enjoy the challenges and vitality of working within a small dynamic and passionate team
To apply please e-mail your CV and covering letter showing how you meet the person specification, marked for the attention of the Executive Director. Quote subject heading: FM-JTWeb-Dec16
Covering letter must include:
- how you meet the requirements shown in the Job Description and Person Specification for this post
- how your previous experience and present skills will enable you to undertake the duties of the post (Please do it with headings).
- detail your track record of producing successful funding proposals (please give details of the type of funder, amount funded, objective of the project or activity funded and year of funding) – particularly a focus on the last 4 years.
Closing date: ASAP
Applications to be considered on a rolling basis and hence we will not wait until the closing date to fill the position.
A job desciption and person specification can be requested by emailing email@example.com, quoting the same reference as above.
Salary: £20,000 - £23,000 pro rata dependent on experience (3/4 days per week)
FTC until 31st March 2017. Role continuation dependent on funding and performance.
Purpose of the Role:
You will be responsible for the coordination of JAN Trust’s projects, services and activities. This is a broad role and would suit an all-rounder.
• High-level support on various projects including things like overseeing design and production of materials, updating websites etc
• Assisting the Director
• Advertising opportunities to work with a variety of stakeholders including schools
• To develop and manage effective relationships with external agencies
• To provide talks/presentations and lead discussions on issues such as extremism and forced marriages
• Developing and delivering presentations to a range of audiences
• Managing social media and increasing our online presence through blogs, online articles etc (writing and uploading these)
• Liaising face to face with users and assisting them with any issues they may have
• Keep up to date with developments and legislation around the key issues such as forced marriages, violence against women, hate crime, Islamophobia, counter terrorism etc
• Researching sensitive issues such as forced marriages, domestic violence, honour killings and women’s rights. Assisting with projects/services on these issues
• Organising and attending events including liaising with the community, users, politicians, governmental representatives and local authorities
• Assist in fundraising and applications
• Marketing and promoting the organisation both online and at face to face meetings
• Getting involved with press releases
• Writing articles
• Travel in the UK and must be comfortable with this
• Supervise and capacity build volunteers and interns
• Updating websites
• Flexibility to work late or extra days in the week if required
This is a role for someone who feels and cares for marginalised women in the UK and who is looking to develop their future in the not-for-profit sector. This is a challenging role and is best suited to someone willing to take on a challenge and the role.
Closing Date: 20 December 2016
We are recruiting ASAP for the role and hence early application is encouraged.
Please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating:
- your interest in the role
- how you are suitable to the role
- why you would like to work for JAN Trust
Applications without a covering letter highlighting the above will not be considered.
Email subject reference: P.officer-JTWebDec16.
Job Title: Admin Assistant
Salary: Between £18,000 to £21,000 pro rata dependent on experience (3/4 days per week)
We are looking for an exceptional candidate who will provide high quality, effective and pro-active support to our high profile Executive Director as well as providing high-quality support across JAN Trust’s operations and activities moving forward with the organisation's work and services. While the role and JAN Trust’s small team provides much scope for all staff to get involved in the range of our activities, applicants should note that the focus of this role is PA support but there is a high level of administration required.
About the post
The post is to provide administrative support for three days per week at the JAN Trust office in north London. Flexibility is required, in busy periods the post holder will be required to work 4 days week.
• Provision of operational and administrative support to our Executive Director
• Administration support to the organisation across all its services and projects
• Ensure the smooth running of the centre and office
• Researching issues such as VAWG, Hate Crime and Radicalisation
• Creating presentations for the Executive Director and Project Officers
• Assist with events and marketing
• Assist staff with delivery of workshops
• Assist with the delivery of the social media
• Operational management of centre and office
• To provide reception duties when required
Essential Criteria include
• At least 2 years' continuous paid administrative experience
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Comprehensive ICT awareness
• Knowledge and experience in website Management
• Experience in social media platforms
• Ability to work independently
• Experience of working with a range of stakeholders, balancing a range of priorities
• Experience of writing content for communications
• Flexibility in working late if required and on weekends (some occasions)
• Strictly adhering to confidentiality at all times
Closing Date: 20th December 2016
We are recruiting ASAP and so hence encourage early application. We will review applications on a rolling basis and hence may appoint successful candidate before the deadline.
When applying, send us your most current CV along with a covering letter detailing:
1. Why you would like to work for JAN Trust
2. Why you have applied for this role
3. What you can bring to the role and organisation
Email subject: PA-AA-JTWeb-Dec16 to email@example.com.
Projects Assistant Volunteer
Expenses covering travel and lunch (2-3 days per week)
We are seeking an enthusiastic, proactive, honest and committed individual to join our small team in London as a volunteer. The role is for 6 months for 2-3 days. You must have a keen interest and experience in working with ethnic minority and Muslim women’s empowerment and be passionate about our ethos and work.
The role will provide exposure and experience with a range of our services, i.e. forced marriage and honour based violence work; integration; Hate crime and Islamophobia; International development etc.
- Assisting on a forced marriage helpline
- Relationship building with key organisations
- Visiting schools, colleges, community organisations and Masjids on issues such as forced marriage and domestic violence
- Researching sensitive issues such as honour killings and women’s rights
- Organising and attending events
- Fundraising assistance
- Social media
- Press Liaison
- International development
- Admin and PA support to the Director and Trustees
- Undertaking outreach work
- To maintain all information in line with confidentiality and data protection policies
Email your CV and covering letter stating suitability for the role and why you would like to volunteer for JAN Trust to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "P.Assistant Volunteer"
We are also seeking an experienced ESOL assistant to assist the ESOL teacher(s) in class on Wednesday's and Thursday's. Applicants are urged to apply early as applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Email your CV and covering letter stating suitability for the role and why you would like to volunteer for JAN Trust to email@example.com quoting "ESOL Assistant"
JAN Trust is always seeking volunteers to assist with various duties from administration, outreach work, marketing to fundraising. Possessing a community language will be advantageous but not essential.
We would also like to hear from individuals who have teaching experience within various fields in particular ESOL, literacy & numeracy, IT, fashion & design and yoga. To apply, please email your CV and covering letter stating suitability for the role and why you would like to volunteer for JAN Trust to firstname.lastname@example.org
JAN Trust is committed to building an organisation that makes full use of talents, skills, experience and different cultural perspectives available in a multi-ethnic and diverse society, and where people feel they are respected and valued, and can achieve their potential regardless of race, colour, nationality, ethnic origins, sexual orientation, religion, gender, disability or age.